love, life, school and coffee.

Monday, August 08, 2005

One Dinner Gone Wrong

First, let me give you a little background to the story. My parents' good friend was in town last week while on business. Since she rarely comes to Singapore, my parents decided that a dinner at a restaurant was in order. We had a wonderful dinner at Hard Rock Cafe. Wonderful, that is, until something had to happen to me.

While cutting my Tenderloin, my fork slipped, sending a spray of mushroom sauce on my t-shirt. That was a good palm-sized stain over my left chest. I tried dabbing it off with the serviettes, then tried to water it off in the gents, but the stain was still undoubtedly noticable. I ended up crossing my arms a lot that night.


The whole experience has got me thinking: What if the same thing happened during a date? Staining your shirt isn't that bad in front of your family, but in front of someone you're trying to impress? Would you freak out? With the benefit of hindsight, if the same thing had happened during the date, I would try to dab the stain off with serviettes, then let the stain remain. If the girl takes the initiative to end the date prematurely, saving me from further embarrassment, then it's good. If she's oblivious to the stain, I'll just have to suck it up and say to anyone who asks, "The food was so good, even my T-shirt wanted a taste of it."


What do you think? -Jimmy

(PS: I successfully cleaned my T-shirt when I got home. The wonders of concentrated detergent.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home