love, life, school and coffee.

Monday, May 14, 2007

L

I've always respected the privacy of people mentioned on my blog, so I've never posted names of the friends I blog about. So today, L comes along and asks me to write a post about her. My very weak counter-argument (besides the fact that I was feeling lazy) was that 'S' was reserved for another friend. So L says that she'd be known as L. Not "Friend L", mind you, but just "L". She thinks it's cool to share the same letter name as the kooky detective Laweit, the mascara-ed dude who has a fetish for sugar in the popular manga "Death Note".

Anyway, L wanted a piece of her legacy imprinted on my blog, so she demanded that I say she's awesome to the very few people who actually know the existence of this blog. (That's you. And you.) It wasn't so much a demand, really. I kinda negotiated a bargain such that I gain airtime on her blog too. We are so shallow.

I was wondering how I was supposed to cast a blog post around just one line proclaiming her utter greatness. I'm really not that good with words.

L and I met last year during the SMUGS nitebiking event. We had a very brief chat about how a superhero with the powers of a lizard could ambush his supervillians by dropping his pistol-wielding hand and leaving it as a 'present' for the enemy. No worries, though, he'll grow that hand back. Lizardman could also wage a psychological war with them by leaving poop all over the place and hiding his reptilian brethen in the supervillians' Milo. (Think kiss-kiss lizard suprise)

During my election speech, I feigned interest in her to gain a few cheap laughs which boosted my confidence for the rest of the speech. And we didn't keep in contact since. Earlier this year, though, I added her on MSN and we started having kooky conversations about ice cream, lying to our mothers and standby spouses. However, I really got to like her when she let me drive her dad's car. (It's a long story. I may or may not talk about it next time.)

She's goes clubbing, I hate it; She's extraverted, I'm far from it; She's got cable, I don't.

Just now, while reading her blog, I realised how some of her posts are actually replies to some of mine. She also provided some convincing counter-arguments to the ones I put forth. I've been impressed by her a number of times, this one should count quite high on the richter scale.

I had been part of the "envisioning process" when Friend H wanted to start a blog. We wanted 4 guys and a girl to provide viewpoints on issues that were bugging them. Someone posts an issue and the others provide their points of view, each with his/her own quirk. I was supposed to be this boy meets world guy, giving very conservative views on things. In some ways, I've always been like that when posting. The girl was supposed to be the fiesty one, providing really kooky viewpoints that still hold water about as well as ziploc bags.

I think I found that girl. L, I think you're awesome! -Jimmy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home