love, life, school and coffee.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Some Things Just Worth Blogging

If the lizard had been this big...

I was kissed by a lizard!

There, I've said it. For those of you squeamish and squirmish about the details, don't read on. For those going, "Awright! This is gonna be one helluva post!", I sure hope it lives up to being one helluva post. I figured there wouldn't be much in terms of issues to talk about, so this post will just be one detailing what happened.

I woke up at about 9am yesterday, pretty normal indeed. I walk over to the kitchen where mom has prepared Milo for me. As usual, the mug had no cover and the spoon was in it. I stirred it up a bit, but noticed that there was a particular patch of brown in the centre. Thinking that it was just undissolved Milo, I started drinking.

Brown patch still remained. I slowed down my drinking pace. Just a bit more of Milo left. Then I saw it. As the Milo drained out into my mouth, the lizard took form. I freaked. I placed the mug on the table top; the lizard was still stuck against the wall of the mug. I shivered. I jumped up and down the kitchen. I cartwheeled across the living room. I shivered somemore. Then the profanities came out. "What the f**K? What the hell is a lizard doing in my Milo!"

I placed my mug in the sink, lizard and all... figured that since I suffered the fate of drinking lizard flavoured Milo, my sis should have the fate of seeing a lizard in the mug after she finishes her own mug of Milo. Then I began to think of all the possibilities: What about all the germs thriving on the skin of the lizard? What if my mouth was wide open when I gulped down the Milo? What if it had gone into my mouth? How am I supposed to clean the Milo off all the kitchen walls? I shivered again. Yucks!

Then came the fun part. The lizard had become like a medal of honour: This brave soul kissed a lizard. So I began telling my friends. How often do you find a lizard swimming in your Milo? Did the lizard have a death note? Maybe it had a failed relationship. Maybe it was all an elaborate ploy by the lizard to kiss me. Heh, yeah right.

Just to bring closure to the story, my sister freaked when she saw the lizard. Mom tossed it into the dustbin after I had a couple of sniggers. Then I washed the cup with lots of dishwashing liquid. Shiver again. I'm using the mug to drink my nightly glass of milk right now. -Jimmy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home