love, life, school and coffee.

Friday, December 09, 2005

A Moment's Folly - Redeemed

Guess I -still- won't be able to drive one of these anyway.

It was a moment I had come to detest
After all that I've had to invest
Still, I gave it all my best
I just passed my driving test!

Guess that sums up everything I wanted to say. (Caps off to a particular somebody who said my posts are too long. Somebody. I'm not going to say who. You might know HIM well.)
Actually, it's not everything. (Heh. Thought I'd end there, didn't you?)

Passing the test has been great cos I realise that I'm capable of achieving it afterall. It leaves you with a warm sense of accomplishment, yet another nick on your hilt. However, I wonder how many of you feel the emptiness after a particularly large test or exam. Your life revolves around it just before the event. You put in all your effort, your sweat and tears mix into an indistinguishable salty liquid. You give your best during the event and you walk out feeling that you've done it. And then you think. What now?

Has the event consumed your whole life that you don't remember what life was like before the event even came into the picture? You are filled with emptiness, finding ways to occupy your time when you were busy slogging just days ago.

Then you realise that the next hurdle looms at the horizon. Emptiness disappears. You pick up your shield and your sword and you march onward. Welcome to life. -Jimmy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home