love, life, school and coffee.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy 100th Post!

So there you go. 100 posts on Coffeestruck. Somewhere between number 50 and 100, I was remarking how a blog's age shouldn't be marked by dates. I could go for months without a blog post. So you have a blog that's a few months old, but is it filled with more substance than one that is brand new?

A blog is a collection of one's thoughts. An online diary maybe. A place to pin all your hopes, angst and jubilations. While these feelings and emotions arrive over the course of time, the record of such events is not a function of time. Events and emotions get consolidated into a single blog post, a post which covers a period of time. We grow older from the experience we gain over time. Blogs grow older from the records that they keep and build up.

Well, my life is definitely different from when I wrote the entry for the 50th post. I'm now on exchange in a foreign land, I had seen through a year in Kroo and when I return from my exchange, I'll already be in my final year in school. (Check link on right for the Exchange Blog!) It's been a great 50 posts, let's see what happens in the next 50!

Again, here are some of my favourite posts over the past year or so!
To see the list of posts I highlighted for my 50th post:
Happy 50th Post!
"Behind Closed Doors" I think it's hilarious how I spent one paragraph trying to picture how this poor guy was sneezing. I hope I still can hear that when I return from my exchange.
"R and J" This was a rant thinly disguised as a love story.
"My Special Power" Super powers do not maketh a superhero. It maketh good entertainment.
"The Spoils of War" This post, like the special powers one, came about from interesting situations and even more interesting conversations.
"The SMUGS President" "Our president has a happy tummy"
"Apollo Cuffs" Believe it or not, this short story was based on a dream I had. I should have submitted it to some writing competition, but you know me.

So there you go, some interesting posts amongst the 50. And I'm sure more interesting posts will come from the next 50! -Jimmy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home