love, life, school and coffee.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy 50th Post!

About a year and a half ago, 3 friends decided to set up a blog celebrating love, life, school and coffee. It was supposed to be a glimpse into the eccentricities of 3 very different people. (Actually, we wanted 5 people, but we couldn't find the ones who could fit into 5 "stereotypes".) It was supposed to be a tongue in cheek view of the world, from 5 different people. We were supposed to rib one another, slam the authorities, lament on how things could be much better or just rant about the recent public transport fare hikes.

Coffeestruck. That was what we wanted it to be. The idea that strikes you while you're enjoying your cup of coffee. Similarly, we wanted our readers to begin thinking when they read through our posts.

Now, I bet all of you are laughing. "Who does this idiot think he is? No one ever comes to this blog! What high and mighty visions they had!" (No one, of course, besides you. And you. And you.) Alas, it did not turn out the way I had expected. Let's just say writing isn't in everybody's blood. But I kept coming back to post. I've always loved writing, be it about the imagined adventures my sister's soft toys go through, to the adventures of a cat in a neighbourhood that was too small for him, to the experiences of a youth caught in a war in the near future. It had always been stress relief for me. Yes, angsty posts bring me relief. About as much relief as Tiger Balm, or Po Chai pills.

There's nothing quite like creating images using words. It's liberating. It's second to none. Okay, maybe coffee comes close. Hmm, then again, so does having a few rounds of beer with some close friends. (Don't ask me about sex, though.)

So, the blog has survived thus far. And with this post, the humble blog has hit its fiftieth post. If I feel like gloating, I can even say that I post once a week. But I don't feel like gloating. I'm feeling neutral. At least I'm not feeling pessimistic. If I were, I'll be asking, "I wonder if I'll ever hit 100 posts?" Actually, pessimism, as I tell some of my friends, has its merits. (Yet another thing I'll say I'll blog about, but never get down to doing.)

To commemorate this 50th post, I bring you what I think are some of the best entries over the past year:
"Doh! It's glass!" This post was what I had intended the blog to be. Witty comebacks, crazy stunts and an absent stunt double.
"I was Kissed by a Lizard" This one is here by virtue of how weird it was. I still shiver when I think about it.
"Dear Officer Tan" I wonder why it's always these angsty posts that come up with the funniest lines. "I can spell! T-E-L-E-P-H-O-N-E!"
"Wash Me" This picture was attached to a totally unrelated post. I like the pic more than the post.
"Just Another Clubbing Night" Another angsty post with me trying to get all my anger out of my system. I appreciate the comments "agent G" left behind.
"Dearly Departed 6230i" Posted when I missed my old phone, most probably when I was finding it hard to come to terms with the limited capabilities of the replacement phone.

Hope you enjoy reading through what I feel were some of the funniest or intense posts! -Jimmy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home